Sunday, July 1, 2007

Back to the daily grind, with upgrades

I'm going back to work! YEA! I'm so tired of being couped up in this apartment with nothing to do.

I have been out of commission starting on last Monday. Hence why I didn't post a darn thing or have PBF up and running (I will resume this Friday). Today was the first day I made it without having to take anything to get me through the day. This is a very good sign since from last Monday evening on I was either hopped up on steroids or knocked out from anti-histamines, or both at the same time which is no fun either! I have spent enough time with doctors to last me at least a few months. This will shock Roomie, as she knows I will head to the doctor if I can't get a hangnail to go away. That's what good insurance is for, plus they give you the good stuff when you go, but alas I don't want any good stuff anywhere near me for a very long time.

I have decided to take a more natural approach to life. Don't worry for those of you who know me I will still continue with what is necessary for my survival, but I am going to join the rowing club and row at least 2-3 times a week. I have found some yoga classes and will be doing those 2 times a week. I found a new therapist and will be seeing him, getting a massage, getting a pedicure, and getting a manicure once a month each (see how convenient there are about 4 weeks a month I'll just rotate which one I do each week). I'm also buying a bike! (Don't worry mom, if you ever read this it isn't the kind that has a motor)

I will only head out to the bars when I have my MP with me, because I have fun with her and she's going to be good luck one of these days I can feel it.

Come August I'm going to join the gay men's chorus here in Austin, there was at least one cute guy that walked with them in pride parade and I can't let him be all alone! And I miss singing dearly and it should be a great way to get back into vocal shape. That will round out my weekly activities, leaving just enough for work, friends on evenings and weekends and a wee bit of travel!

Watch out Austin there's a new Spoonman on the loose!

No comments: