Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Changes

So tomorrow it will be a full month since I have been to work. I've been sick. Spent a week in the hospital, but I'm better now. Just waiting on the doctor to say it's ok and I'll be heading back to the daily grind, but not without making some changes in my habits. I've lost about 10 lbs. since getting ill, but the good news is that I needed it and I've been doing it the right way. I cut out eating out. I treated myself to PF Chang's one night and to a burger another night. I think only eating out twice in a month is progress. I was wasting so much money.

I'm going a little stir crazy so I'm also looking forward to when I can get active again. Doc said it probably won't be for another 2-3 weeks, but I can wait. I found a great yoga studio that's in this part of town finally. My gym membership is still active and I think I'll stay there since I don't want to see my co-workers at the facilities there all the time, I spend enough time at the office already. (you know when I'm actually working)

My house is cleaner than it's ever been in my entire life and it has stayed that way... it's wonderful. My mother will not believe it is me typing this, but I suddenly care about a clean house. I think it's because the state of my house is something I can control. I've felt like I haven't been the one in control of my life since getting sick. So there's the update. I'm not sure if anyone reads this, but my therapist says I need to journal and this seems like one of those outlets I have to get things off my chest. I've always lived by the motto that everything happens for a reason. It's true... I'll get past this and will hopefully be a better stronger person from it all.

1 comment:

Eimear said...

FYI, I read this. :)